AT-HOME MIMOSA BAR
Mimosa season has arrived! But don’t wait in a long line for brunch and bottomless mimosas (with unfavorable juice-to-champagne ratios) when you can build your own mimosa bar! Jazz it up with a few fun, unexpected twists: flower ice cubes, fruit peel cut-outs, berry skewers, unicorn sugar rims, and blood orange!
FLOWER ICE CUBES //
- Large silicone ice molds (square shape)
- Assorted flowers (large roses, baby sweetheart roses etc.)
- Gently trim stems from your flowers.
- Fill ice mold with water, then gently place several small roses, or one large, in each slot and the roses will stick out of the water.
- Freeze until solid.
- Decorate champagne bucketwith floral ice!
FRUIT PEEL CUT OUTS //
- Assorted citrus (lemon, orange, grapefruit)
- Small cookie cutters
- Cut citrus into quarters and remove the fruit from the peel.
- Punch a cookie cutter into the white pith side (not the outer skin side) and use a knife to cut a small slit halfway through the shape so it can sit on the cocktail glass (similar to how a strawberry would!)
FRUIT SKEWERS //
- Assorted cocktail picks
- Assorted fruit (blueberries, small strawberries, raspberries)
- Trim skewers to be three inches long.
- Gently thread fruit onto each skewer.
- Place a skewer on top of each glass.
UNICORN SUGARED RIM //
- Apple slicer
- Colored sugar
- Lime wedge
- Place apple slicer onto a plate, filling each compartment with a different color of sugar. Gently lift up apple slicer to reveal a color wheel.
- Run a lime wedge around the edge of the glass and then dip into the sugar.
- Don’t twist the glass! Instead, use a spoon or knife to push the sugar around the edge and tap off any excess sugar.
BLOOD ORANGE MIMOSA //
SERVES: 4-6 MIMOSAS
INGREDIENTS (CHILL ALL INGREDIENTS):
- 1 bottle champagne
- 1 cup fresh squeezed blood orange juice (~ 4 blood oranges)
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- Blood orange (sliced for garnish)
- Combine Grand Marnier and orange in a shaker, then divide among 4-6 flutes, and top generously with champagne!
- Garnish with slice of blood orange and serve immediately.