When I was in Peru last year for a volunteer trip with Tech2Empower (read all about the incredible experience here!), we stayed at the beautiful Antigua Casona San Blas in Cusco. The entire group loved this hotel and it’s the perfect place to stay if you’re looking for a hotel in Cusco. Here’s everything I loved about this hotel in Cusco:
- First of all, it’s gorgeous. The courtyard in the center is so inviting and we spent evenings sitting by the fire pit, listening to live music, and sipping hot chocolate.
- The rooms are comfortable and cute, and every night the staff brought hot water bottles to place in the bed for us. We were all so amazed and delighted by this because it was SO cozy and warmed up our beds and it was just so lovely. One chilly night I even asked for two extra hot water bottles so I could place some under my feet and along each side of me. SO nice.
- The staff was amazing (one of them learned all of our names!) and they were all so friendly, professional, and helpful. When I arrived I was very sleep-deprived from having traveled for almost 24 hours straight without sleep. I got in at 9am which is obviously very early for check-in. They did their best to accommodate me and had a room ready for me at 10am. During the time in between, they let me take a nap on a couch in the lounge area and while I was sleeping someone even put a blanket over me. So sweet. 🙂
- The food at the restaurant was wonderful. We loved having breakfast there every morning and enjoying their huevos rancheros and delicious french toast. So yummy!
- The location is fabulous as well, as it’s just a short five minute walk down to Cusco’s main plaza, and there are tons of restaurants and shops all around the hotel just a stone’s throw away.
- The price is very reasonable. I really think they could charge more given how centrally located and awesome their staff is!
I absolutely loved my stay here and would highly recommend Antigua Casona San Blas for anyone looking for a place to stay in Cusco!