I recently got to spend a long weekend with my sister in Scottsdale, AZ and just loved all of the gorgeous desert vibes! After experiencing it myself, I see why it’s such a popular destination for girls weekends and bachelorette parties. There are a lot of fun things to do in Scottsdale, whether you’re looking to relax, get in some adventure, or spend time outdoors, and I wanted to round up my top ten activities and fun things to do in Scottsdale for you!
Top 10 Fun Things to Do in Scottsdale
1. Hot Air Balloon Ride. What’s better than watching the sunrise over the desert from 5,000 feet in the air? Actually, I would say watching the sunset over the desert, since I’m not a morning person. 😂 Hot Air Expedition’s sunset rides start in November and go through mid-March, but if you’re visiting a different time of the year a sunrise ride is worth the early wakeup call.
2. Horseback Riding. I love horseback riding, and Fort McDowell Adventures offers really fun rides through the desert. We saw wild horses (they were gorgeous!) and cattle, and crossed through a river. I felt like such a cowgirl. The cacti and mountains around us made for such stunning scenery!
3. ATV Tour. If you’re up for a rough ride and a bit of adventure, book an ATV tour through the desert. I call driver’s seat!
4. Spa day. Time for some R&R! We had a spa day at The Phoenician and it was incredible. After our massages my sister said she felt like she was reborn. 😆 The spa is gorgeous and there’s a rooftop pool that’s only for spa guests, where you can order drinks and just relax after your treatments. We spent a leisurely afternoon here and it was lovely.
5. Hiking. There are so many awesome places to hike in Scottsdale! A few popular spots are: Camelback Mountain, McDowell Sonoran Preserve, Brown’s Ranch Trailhead, and Piestewa Peak.
6. Taliesin West. If Omied had been on this trip with me instead of my sister, we definitely would have gone out to Taliesin West. He’s an architect, after all! Taliesin West was Frank Lloyd Wright’s home that you can now tour, and it is known for its stunning, organic architecture.
7. Helicopter Ride to the Grand Canyon. Who wants to drive to the Grand Canyon when you can fly in a chopper? Experience the Grand Canyon’s majestic views from a unique vantage point above, and make it back in time for brunch!
8. Shopping in Old Town. Check out Old Town Scottsdale and do a bit of shopping. Grab a sweet treat from Sweet Dee’s Bakeshop, and snap a fun pic for Instagram with Hotel Adeline’s WTF (Where’s The Fun? 😉) sign.
9. Pool day. We had a relaxing cabana day at our beautiful hotel, Mountain Valley Shadows. Because sometimes you just need to sip rosé by the pool underneath a gorgeous mountain.
10. Desert Botanical Garden. The Desert Botanical Garden is beautiful any time of year, and you’ll be able to check out beautiful cacti and garden trails. In the later months they have special events like Electric Desert and Luminarias, and throughout the year there are fun happenings like culinary events and live music. Be sure to check out the event calendar to see what’s going on when you’re visiting.