Recently Omied and I made a super quick trip up to Reno to experience the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa and all of its amenities. I hadn’t been to Reno since back in my early high school days when we would have basketball tournaments there, so it was fun to go back with more of an adult perspective (i.e. being able to gamble and drink!). We decided to make a weekend out of it and to check out some things outside of the hotel too, so here’s my weekend travel guide to Reno!
- Check-in. The Atlantis Casino Resort Spa is definitely the place to stay in Reno. Their spa is incredible and they have a beautiful indoor/outdoor pool, and of course, lots of gambling options. Our room had a great view of the mountains and we were able to watch the clouds roll in. We were also staying in the Concierge Tower, which meant that we were able to enjoy their complimentary breakfast and hors d’oeuvres—such a great amenity to have right across from our room!
- Hike Hunter Creek. We wanted to get out and explore the outdoors a bit, especially since the air was so crisp and refreshing and the trees were starting to turn beautiful fall colors (definitely miss that living in a city!). We hiked Hunter Creek Trail, which ends at a beautiful waterfall.
- Gambling. After our hike we went back to the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa and did some gambling. I’m not a huge gambler myself, but I can’t deny there’s a rush of excitement when you hit Black Jack. 😉
- Pool time. After all that excitement from gambling (we won $20! woohoo!), we hung out at the beautiful indoor pool, and also hopped in the hot tub outside.
- Dinner at Bistro Napa. To round things out for the night we dined at the hotel’s restaurant Bistro Napa, which served up yummy California cuisine. If you go, be sure to get their crab cakes, five cheese lobster mac, and wagyu burger—so delicious! Oh, and don’t forget dessert. Who doesn’t love cotton candy or classic strawberry shortcake
- Breakfast at Coffeebar. We found a cute coffee shop to get a morning pick-me-up (they had cold brew, yay!) and light breakfast.
- Spa Day. On our second day we really just wanted to relax and indulge in a spa day. The spa at the Atlantis is absolutely beautiful! It was sooo relaxing and I pretty much never wanted to leave. I had a traditional hour long massage which was perfect in every way, and my masseuse was amazing. Afterwards we relaxed in the sauna, hot tubs and cold plunge pool. It was legit the best.
- Happy Hour at the Riverwalk. After our relaxing spa day we went over to the Riverwalk for happy hour snacks and drinks.
- Go-kart racing. This is kinda random, but at happy hour Omied and I decided we were in the mood for go-kart racing. I hadn’t been go-kart racing since probably middle school, but it just sounded like a fun thing to do together on a Friday night in Reno! We ended up going to a place that had black light racing and we had a blast.
- Dinner at the Atlantis Steakhouse. To finish off our weekend in Reno, we ended with a delicious meal at the Atlantis Steakhouse. While everything on the menu looked amazing and it was hard to narrow things down, we ended up enjoying the burrata salad (I’m a sucker for burrata anything!), foie gras (again, one of my favorite treats), truffle mac and cheese (am I in heaven?) and their NY Strip Steak (gotta have steak at a steakhouse). It was a decadent and amazing meal, the service was impeccable, and the ambience inside the Atlantis Steakhouse was beautiful.
Thank you to Atlantis Casino Resort Spa in Reno in conjunction with Blog Meets Brand for the fun stay in Reno and for sponsoring this post!