This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BeBeachBlonde #CollectiveBias
People always ask me how I keep my long hair so healthy. My biggest tip is that I rarely use heat on it. My hair dries stick-straight, so I usually let it air dry and only blow dry it if I’m in a hurry to head out somewhere (and even then sometimes I’ll leave with wet hair and it’s dried by the time I get to where I’m going).
While you can usually find my hair straight and smooth, occasionally I like to add some body and waves to it. But again, I rarely use a curling iron, because I don’t love that heat on my hair, and because my hair just doesn’t hold a curl very well. So today I’m sharing a super easy and quick tutorial on how I create beach waves with no heat, and literally, in my sleep.
NO HEAT BEACH WAVES HAIR TUTORIAL
1. I start by washing my hair in the evening. Today I’m using John Frieda’s Beach Blonde collection from Target (don’t be fooled by the name—this shampoo/conditioner duo is great for all hair colors!). I then let my hair air dry about halfway, so that it is damp, but not totally wet.
2. Spritz on some John Frieda Sea Waves Sea Salt Spray. This adds a bit of texture to your hair (and smells amazing and beachy, like the name suggests).
3. I then separate my hair in half, and twist, twist, twist one side.
4. You’ll now have half of your hair in one long twist. I pull that piece over my head and pin it in place with bobby pins, to hold the twist.
5. Twist the other half of your hair and pin it up as you did in the last step. I use a lot of bobby pins to secure both of the hair twists, and then I sleep on it and let my hair air dry while being held in these twists over night.
6. In the morning, shake out your hair and reveal your no heat beach waves! I like to add a couple more spritzes of the sea salt spray for good measure.
Let me know when you make your own no beach heat waves, would love to see how they turn out!
You can find the Beach Blonde John Frieda Collection at Target!